B2C Facebook Lead Ads: The Ultimate Guide 
B2C Facebook Lead Ads: The Ultimate Guide
In this guide, we will go over the complete process of creating a B2C Facebook Lead Ads with Facebook Ads Manager and how the Stiddle platform can help you create compelling and unique landing pages to help you acquire and convert potential leads. By the end of this article, you should have a strong foundation in B2C lead generation with the help of B2C Facebook Lead Ads and the Stiddle platform.
B2C Facebook Lead Ads: Introduction
B2C Facebook Lead Ads are increasingly important in a world as digitized as ours. The responsibilities of meeting potential prospects or leads have increasingly shifted to marketers rather than the other way around. This trend can be seen in the business-to-consumer (B2C) industry, where businesses of all sizes have been scrambling to collect information from as many interested prospects. We don’t blame them! After all, lead generation is the best way to find, win and retain new and loyal customers, primarily through social media, where you can offer them a personalized experience.
While several social media platforms you can advertise on, none is more effective and far-reaching than Facebook -now, Meta- where 2.9 billion active users visit the site every month. We are very excited to get started!
So, without further ado, let us get started!
What is Lead Generation?
According to Facebook, lead generation is the process of building interest in a business’s products or services. We would argue it’s one of the most critical steps. In fact, generating quality leads is a top priority for many B2C marketers, with 79% agreeing. After all, it’s becoming harder for B2C businesses to acquire quality leads when customers demand a more personalized and immersive experience.
During the lead generation process, your main goal is to encourage viewers to provide as much information about themselves as possible so that you may target them in later ad campaigns while providing them with a seamless customer experience. This can be done via Facebook’s Lead Form or your own landing page with Stiddle. While you may not have converted them into paying customers, those who’ve filled out your forms have shown interest in learning about your products or services. It’ll be your job to coax them into converting!
B2C Facebook Lead Ads With Ads Manager
Facebook Lead Ads are essentially online forms pre-populated with questions for users to fill out with their personal information. What’s unique is that users will not be redirected out of the Facebook platform, meaning there is no need for an external landing page!
There are pros and cons to using this lead ad form strategy. One of the main pros is that the lead’s information is already pre-populated in the form, making it easier for a lead to submit. However, one of the main cons is that these lead forms don’t have nearly as much information about the product or service you are offering. Hence, not giving the lead enough information to decide whether they should fill out the form or not – this is why we prefer landing pages.
Additionally, when a user clicks on your call-to-action (CTA) button, they are presented with a pre-filled form with information that Facebook already has. These generated leads are then directly synced into your business’s customer relationship management (CRM) system or synced into Stiddle’s Lead Manager for lead profiles, allowing marketers to follow up on them more effectively. This is the key to offering a seamless user experience, reducing the drop-off rate, and leaving a positive impression on your leads.
Creating B2C Facebook Lead Ads is like creating any other paid ad.
- Head on over to your Ad Manager account.
- Click on Create located in the top left corner.
- Choose Lead Generation as your objective. You can also name your campaign.
- Choose the page you would like to use for your Lead Ad and click on Select Page, which should be located in the Identity box.
If you encounter an error like down below, just click on View Terms and accept it in the pop-up window.
- For your lead method, make sure the Instant Form option is selected.
- After doing the previous steps, choose your target audience, placement, budget, and schedule. All of this is entirely up to you. Please keep in mind that you cannot target audience members under 18.
- Select your ad format in the Ad Setup box.
- Add your headline, primary text, and call-to-action in the Ad Creative box. You can look to the right to get a preview of your ad.
- Lastly, you can set up tracking for any event you deem necessary. As you can see, you have several options.
- Once you’ve looked over everything, go ahead and click Publish.
Now, your B2C Facebook Lead Ads should be live! Congratulations!
If you need more help, consider looking at Facebook’s own training course on creating lead ads or grabbing a free trial of Stiddle and creating lead ads in a few minutes with minimal knowledge. Furthermore, there are many tools out there that you can use to help you improve and maximize the results of your ads. Though we may be biased, our personal favorite is Stiddle which we will go over in the next section!
B2C Facebook Lead Ads With Stiddle
Stiddle is a wonderful platform that helps you create, optimize and deploy your full-funnel Facebook ad campaigns in minutes. From finding your ideal target audience to generating graphics for your custom landing pages that store your leads in an easy CRM, Stiddle can do just that for you by leveraging the power of artificial intelligence and machine learning. Furthermore, Stiddle optimizes your ad spend budget by automatically allocating your budget to high-performing social media ad campaigns. Not a single penny will be wasted!
This section will go through the steps of creating a B2C Facebook Lead Ads with the Stiddle platform. Don’t worry. It’s not that different from creating ads on the Facebook platform.
Before we get started, create a free Stiddle account if you haven’t already. You can do so by clicking this link.
- Click on +New, which is located in the top-left corner.
- You will see a drop-down menu pop-up. You can either choose to auto-create an ad or manually create one. For this example, we will be using the auto-create campaign.
- A window will pop up where you will be required to select your ad account and Facebook page. For this example, I created a new Facebook account and page named Sloth Investment, which I set as the account and page for my campaign creation. You can also connect to your Instagram account; this is optional but necessary to run ads on Instagram. Once you’ve done that, click Next.
- Name your campaign.
- In the next window, you will be required to select your objective. We will choose the Traffic objective for this example, but you can select any objective. The steps will be the same. Once you’ve done that, click Next.
- Choose your ad budget and schedule, then click Done.
- Now, you can sit back and relax for a couple of minutes while Stiddle works its magic!
- Once the wait is over, Stiddle will present a new window with the recommended demographic to target. This includes location, age range, gender, and language. It also offers you some recommended interest(s) to target. Below is an example of audience and interest recommendations given by Stiddle for a fast-food restaurant. If you would like to make any changes, you can do so in this step.
If you scroll down a little, you can alter your ad placement. If you choose Manual Placement, you will be taken to a new window where you can customize your own placement. Once you’re done with this, go ahead and press Done.
- You can choose or create an offer in the next window to incentivize users to take action. This step is totally optional, and you can skip this step by clicking on the Skip Offer button located on the top right.
- In this window, you will be shown a preview of your ad on the Facebook and Instagram platforms. Scroll down, and you will come across some blank boxes where you can create your display. Here, you can add your headline, description, call-to-action button, and main text. You can either upload an image/video or design an ad via Canva in your Stiddle browser for visuals. In other words, you won’t be redirected to a new webpage! Also, no need for a pro-Canva account!
We would definitely recommend putting some effort into creating visually appealing content with a CTA in the graphic to draw users in and encourage them to interact with your ad. According to LinchpinSEO, the average user attention span on social media platforms is less than 30 seconds! So, be sure to draw them in within the first 10 seconds!
Once you’re done, scroll back up and click Done.
- In the next window, you’ll be required to add a destination page for your ad campaign. You can simply add the URL to your website or create your own landing page via the Stiddle platform.
Personally, we would always recommend you to use a landing page. Even though Facebook’s Instant Form offers a more seamless customer experience, the leads you collect from those are usually at the top of the sales funnel. A landing page has to be manually filled out by the users. This can indicate that the consumer is more serious about buying your product or service.Remember that the Stiddle platform doesn’t have the Instant Form feature for Facebook Ads today, but we are currently working on it! If you are interested in getting updates when it becomes available, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
If you scroll down, you can see that you have a small variety of landing pages to choose from and customize.
When you click on one of the templates, you will be taken to a new window to customize the color of your landing page.
Once you’ve chosen your colors, click on Continue to Editor. This will take you to the Stiddle Editor, where you can work on the text and its designs. Here you can change the font, text, dimensions, etc. This is your own custom form that you’ll be using to collect leads, similar to Facebook’s Instant Form but allows you more room to convince or “sell” what you are offering to make that lead convert.
Once you’re done customizing, name your campaign and click Save & Continue.
- Click on +New, which is located in the top-left corner.
12. Finally, you’ll be taken to the last step, where you review your campaign before publishing it.
Once you’ve decided that everything looks good, click Publish Campaign. You can also save it as a draft.
If you haven’t updated your Facebook payment method, a window will remind you to do so.
Congratulations, you’ve created a Facebook Ad on the Stiddle platform!
If you want to see the leads that have been collected, head on over to the left sidebar. Select My Leads.
In addition to viewing your leads, you can also add new leads manually in this window by clicking on the +Lead button. You can also integrate your MailChimp account to follow up on your leads via email.
In the following two sections, we will use some examples of B2C Facebook Lead Ad campaigns.
B2C Facebook Lead Ad Benefits
While there are tons of benefits when using Facebook Lead Ads as a B2C business, here are a couple of reasons why we love it:
- Easy Data Collection: While you have the option to create a landing page, Facebook Lead Ads allows you to collect data from users without it being a requirement. Everything you need is inside the Facebook platform, which can be easily integrated into your CRM.
- Decrease in Conversion Drop-offs: The Instant Forms feature offers a seamless customer experience when filling out the information, making it less likely for users to get frustrated and give up before completion. The Autofill feature automatically populates the blank fields with information that Facebook already knows.
- Focus Audience Segmentation: Since the leads acquired through Facebook Lead Ads are already highly segmented based on interest and demographic, you already have a list of qualified leads that are more likely to convert. After all, these leads have taken some time out of their busy schedules to fill out the form. Even if it only takes a couple of seconds. This shows you that they have at least some interest in your products and/or services.
If you’re interested in reading more about the advantages and disadvantages, check out this article on Facebook Lead Ads that we’ve previously written.
B2C Facebook Lead Ad Examples
Snowflake has a Facebook Lead Ad that popped up in the right column, next to my News Feed.
You’re redirected to a landing page that encourages you to provide your personal information when you click on it. In exchange, they offer you a free e-book. This is a great way to incentivize consumers to complete the process rather than drop out.
While this example is more applicable to B2B industries, the concept can also be used for your B2C Facebook Lead Ads. Perhaps, a discount code will suffice! I know I would complete the process if I could save some money!
The Real Deal Newsletter Sign-up
We’ll examine The Real Deal newsletter sign-up ad displayed on a mobile device for our following example.
As you can see, they added an intriguing description to persuade users to sign-up. Once you click Sign Up in the bottom right corner, you will be taken to a Facebook Instant Form page instead of the last example where you were redirected to a different website.
You can see that the ad is asking for my email on this page. While this example shows a blank text box, it usually would be populated with user information.
Once the user goes through all the steps and clicks Submit, The Real Deal has gained a new lead that they can target in the future!
Here is a brief overview of the entire process on a mobile phone:
Whew! We have finally reached the end! This should get you started on B2C Facebook Lead Ads so that you can get potential prospects with the goal of converting them into loyal customers. Remember, even though Instant Forms may offer a more seamless customer experience, this may result in lower-quality leads that might not convert. Always try to draw your users in with quality content that will quickly grab their attention.
To better understand how a customer decides to purchase a product or service, we recommend you check out our article on the buyer’s journey.
We wish you the best of luck in your business endeavors. Be sure to follow our website for more marketing articles like these!
Choose a BETTER way to advertise on facebook ads.
Signup for a free trial to start boosting your Facebook ad campaign results with the leading Facebook ad-tech platform.
Track Performance Metrics (ROI/ROAS)
Automate your Facebook Ads
*No Credit Card Required
Explore More Topics
The Facebook Pixel Benefits and its Functionalities It is undoubtedly evident that there are numerous technological advancements in the cRead more...
Introduction - Small Business Digital Marketing You may be wondering what the best strategy for promoting your small buRead more...
Introduction - Customer Success Management Customer success management is a relatively new phenomenon. Before the 1990s, the idRead more...
Introduction - COVID Facebook Ads Affected by COVID-19, e-commerce sellers are exploring new business opportunities. Read more...
Introduction - Digital Marketing Specialization No one can deny the importance of digital marketing for a small business. But, soRead more...
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.